Benefits of the enrolled students to European Collegium:
- Your child will receive individualized learning;
- The school is committed to its pupils’ learning progress and to encourage the growth of morality qualities;
- Our pupils are immersed in foreign languages lessons The ability to communicate in a non-native language is an integral part of a well educated person;
- The European Collegium curriculum is an add-on to the State Curriculum and this makes your child’s education unique, high-standard, modern and versatile;
- You will notice positive attitude in your child’s views due to their learning environment which stimulates the desire to learn;
- Parents interested in the feedback of their children are able to get up-to-date progress report from the teachers, supervising teachers or psychologists;
- Parents will have more time for other priorities because they do not have to take their kids to hobby activities as these are already functioning in our school;
- Our school opening hours are from 8am to7p );
- The school provides healthy, delicious and dietetic food;
- Our reliable partner, medical centre Ingo conducts medical examination annually and reports back the state of health of our pupils. The report includes the information about the health fitness level category, the needed diet;
- An individual learning plan is created for your child. Group lessons and individualized lessons, lessons facilitated by speech language therapists and psychologists are in the plan;
- According to a child’s individual development we add subjects such as world literature, countrystudy, and other subjects. All of them are taught in a foreign language;
- Our school-leavers receive basic educational certificates and those students who have opted to sit for an international foreign language exams will be awarded the international foreign language certificates;
- While studying at the collegium our students work on research and creative projects, they get opportunities to practice foreign languages abroad, these opportunities allow them to be aware of their strengths and weaknesses accordingly;
- We offer our students’ parents useful educational services, an opportunity to learn English, mindset trainings and seminars, attending Art-school and IT-school.
What are the school’s area of strength according to our students’ parents?
- 71% of the parents say that the number of students in a class is ideal, furthermore our students are divided into groups at foreign languages lessons;
- 85% support the idea of full-time schooling;
- 68% notice maintaining good relationships between their children and teachers;
- 49% point out the opportunity to combine the educational package and out-of-school activities;
- 60% mark that the children are motivated to study;
- 65% note the variety of educational services, including advanced curriculum in foreign languages;
- 84% note the high level of educational background.
Holidays in 2017/2018 academic year
Academic studies are arranged according to the semester system:
I semester: 01 September – 22 December 2017
II semester: 10 January – 31 May 2018
Autumn: 30 October – 05 November 2017
Winter: 25 December – 9 January 2018
Spring: 26 March – 01 April 2018
Questions and answers
What does full-time school mean?
The pupils are in school from 8am to 7pm. While staying here, they study, attend hobby and sport groups, prepare their own projects, do their homework, play outside, attend art events and museums.
Does the school give motivation to study?
EC’s hallmark is the special atmosphere and the students who are self-driven to study. There is a league, table and a motivation programme has been created. The programme suggests an additional system of awards and discounted fees:
- The best student of the year, who is traditionally chosen according to the school league table, is granted a 1 year EC study scholarship;
- Stage III (city) Academic Olympiads winners and winners of the Junior Academy of Science in Ukraine competition receive a 25% study discount;
- Stage II (city) Academic Olympiads winners and winners of the Junior Academy of Science in Ukraine competition receive a 15% study discount;
- Stage IV (all-Ukrainian) Academic Olympiads winners are granted a 1 year EC scholarship.
Does the school make any requests to the pupils’ appearance?
The pupils follow the dress code from Monday to Thursday, Friday is the day free of formal approach. Moreover, a modern school uniform and accessories collection with the school logo has been created.
Is dietetic food available if a child needs it?
Yes, it is available. The school food is both delicious and healthy. The school is served by one of the best catering companies in Kiev. It offers individual menus for the children who need a special diet.
Who controls doing homework?
A class teacher controls doing homework. But they control only the process of doing it, not how correct or accurately pupils do it. We think that a child has to be independent and has the right to make mistakes. A teacher has to estimate the gaps in a student’s knowledge and help the pupil to catch up with the class inviting them to individual lessons.
What are the advantages of foreign languages international certification?
High-quality testing system enables to understand clearly your children’s progress according to a Common European Framework of Reference. Independent experts estimate the level of pupils’ knowledge. It confirms effective foreign languages teaching and competence of the teachers. The international certificates are recognized by universities and employers all over the world.
What am I to do if there is no vacant space in the class I need?
If at the moment the class is full and enrolling is impossible, you have to sign up for the queuing system and in case there is a vacant place in the class, you will be informed.
Enrolling a child into the school
European Collegium is not only an educational establishment. It is a community of people holding the same views and working together to create a unique educational environment and integrated space for harmonious development of our students. During the entrance interview we pay attention to students’ academic and personal achievements and also to the family values of our pupils.
The main principles on which the educational process in the collegium is based on, are love of children combined with reasonable strictness towards them, tolerant approach, respectability, respectful attitude to the Ukrainian language and culture, ecological consciousness, high culture and decent behaviour of all the participants of educational-bringing-up process.
Please, pay attention that selection interviews are held in Ukrainian and on a space available basis.
Your prospects of enrolling will be raised if:
- Your Academic Grade Average is 10-12
- You obtain an international certificate indicating your English language level
- You study two foreign languages
- You are a II – III stages of All-Ukraine Academic Olympiads winner
- You are a winner of the contest created by Junior Academy of Science in Ukraine
- You can show your accomplishments
- You are able to defend your point of views
You participate in charity events and projects